Resources for Military-Affiliated Students
Survivor Benefit Hotline for GI Bill Beneficiaries
Education Call Center (888) 442-4551, option 5. Open Monday - Friday 7am - 5pm CST.
The Department of Veterans Affairs' Education Service now has a dedicated phone line for GI Bill beneficiaries who are the surviving spouse or child of an active duty service member who died in the line of duty and need assistance with their education benefits. A child or surviving spouse can contact the Education Call Center. A highly trained agent with specialized training in survivor benefits will be ready to assist the caller with their education benefits or survivor-related resources.
Medical / Mental Health
- WSU Psychlogy Clinic - Provides free counseling to Veterans and their families. Bring your DD 214 to verify eligibility. Contact the clinic directly regarding eligibility criteria for spouse/children. The clinic offers a range of services for both adults and children.
- WSU Counseling Services - Offers a range of services-- including counseling and psychotherapy, workshops and outreach programs, consultation, crisis service, and testing.
- WSU Health and Wellness - Offers a range of services-- including a clinic for primary, preventative, or mental health care.
- VA Medical Center (Spokane) - The VA medical center serving Eastern Washington and Northern Idaho.
- Ch. 31 Submission Information - Mailing and digital upload options for submitting VR&E documentation
- Student Support Services - Provides free services to qualified students to enhance academic skills in order to increase retention.
- Academic Success and Career Center - Assists individual students improve academic performance through advising, tutoring, and innovative academic programs and provides career counseling.
- VetSSS - Veterans Student Support Services